Question: Why do you smoke?
Answer: Because you are a selfish narcissist. Your world revolves around you. Your family and friends are only an audience to the grand tragedy of your life.
Except in this play, when they bring roses and cry “Encore, encore,” you won’t answer the call. You’ll be dead.
Don’t tell me that you’re addicted to it. That’s a cheap answer; the answer of a victim who gives up his/her power to a piece of paper and leaves.
You smoke because you are selfish. Selfish in the most terrible of ways.
Every time you light up, the message that you send to your family, friends and loved ones is, “I don’t care about you. I want to die rather than spend any more time with you. In fact, I’ll go smoke this so I can get away from you now AND cut my life short later too.”
On top of the time you are giving up now, studies show that you lose an additional 11 minutes of time later in your life for every cigarette you smoke.
You’re saying that a stick of leaves and paper is more important than the love of those who care about you, that your choices are more important than their concern for your health.
You’re saying that a deep breath of fresh air sucks, but becomes delicious when mixed with smoke.
You can tell me that you enjoy it. You can say it relaxes you. But you know that’s crap.
Go ahead and choose to die. We all do it anyway, you’re just stepping on the accelerator. Imagine your speedometer climbing with every cigarette: 45…….50……55…..60…70..80..90.100.
You took the checkered flag! You win! You died first!
If your habit hasn’t driven them away, your family will be excited to see your hearse take your victory lap to the graveyard.
The good news is there is still time for you to stop smoking. You can heal the damage that you have done and live a happy, healthy life.
If you still want to smoke, consider these Top 7 Reason Why Smokers are Losers Who Will Die Alone.
- Your breath stinks. No, mints DO NOT cover it up. Get over your denial.
- Your clothes stink. As you marinate in smoke in your car on your commute your skin and clothes are soaking up all those wonderful smells. NO, you do not smell woodsy. You reek of death.
- Your skin looks like dead leather. Remember the Crypt Keeper from HBO’s Tales from the Crypt? Yeah. You look like him.
- Your friends and family are tired of competing for your time. They have lives of their own, they aren’t interested in sitting around watching you wasting yours.
- You’re a terrible passenger on a road trip. Stopping every forty-five minutes or hour just makes the trip longer. On top of it, you smell.(Oh, and more regarding #5: when it’s too hot or too cold to stand outside and smoke, you think it’s OK to crack a window and exhale out the door. In a very selfish move, you just kept your driver on the road while forcing him/her to accept your habit because you’re not committed to it enough to tolerate extreme temperatures. Selfish loser.)
- You’re a health-risk waiting to happen. It’s bad enough that your family and friends watch you actively killing yourself ten, twenty, thirty times a day or more. Do you want them to watch you waste away in a hospital or hospice bed, struggling to breathe oxygen as your body decays to cancer? Selfish narcissist.
- You are pissing away your money. You are literally spending your own good money to kill yourself. Stupid. Selfish and stupid. You could hire a hitman to do it faster and save the rest of us from watching your decline.
I hope I made you feel badly as you read this. If your friends won’t tell you this, shame on them. If they’ve tried and you won’t listen, or worse, protest that smoking is your right and your choice, then shame on you.
If you’re ready see with new eyes and breathe with healed lungs, then it’s time to start creating the mindset of a non-smoker. You can get your FREE e-book here so you can learn how.
Hey, it’s FREE. That’s a lot cheaper than a pack of smokes.